University of California at Davis School of Law, J.D., 1992
Recipient of School of Law Medal for First in Class
University of California at Berkeley, B.A., History, with honors, 1981
Labor & Employment
State Bar of California
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Managing Partner David Kornbluh has over 20 years of business litigation and trial experience with a primary emphasis on employment and business disputes. He regularly represents clients throughout California facing allegations of age, race, gender and disability discrimination; sexual harassment; wrongful termination; wage and hour violations; and unfair business practices. David’s practice also includes representing clients in business, partnership, landlord-tenant, real estate and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) litigation.
David has extensive trial experience, having represented clients in various state and federal courts, as well as before the California Department of Labor, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Workers Compensation Appeals Board, and other administrative agencies. He has presented many seminars on various employment law topics.
- Labor and Employment Law Executive, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Pro Bono Project
- Federal Pro Bono Project
- Obtained summary judgment for an employer in a disability discrimination lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco.
- Obtained a number of favorable jury verdicts in business litigation involving claims of breach of contract.
- Defeated a nationwide class action claim alleging unfair business practices by a national health information client by having the case dismissed at the pleadings stage. The trial court’s judgment was subsequently upheld on appeal.
- Defended and resolved multiple other class action wage and hour cases in state and federal courts.
- Successfully resolved sexual harassment claims against a client through mediation.
Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh, Law360, June 2016
California Joins Trend Toward Mandatory Sick Leave, National Law Journal, November 2014
Published Case: Bugarin v. ChartOne, 135 Cal. App. 4th 1558 (2006)