Partner Eric McAllister is an experienced litigator focusing his practice primarily on construction and commercial disputes. His clients include developers, general contractors and business owners. Eric is well versed in evaluating and litigating high-value construction defect, delay and payment claims, as well as a wide range of commercial matters.
Eric serves as chair of the Santa Clara County Bar Association’s Real Property Executive Committee. He regularly writes and speaks on construction topics for various industry publications and organizations. Eric has also been recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer in Construction. View complete bio.
Effective January 1, 2018, general contractors on all private projects in California can be held directly liable for: (1) wage and hour claims, and (2) union trust fund claims brought by the employees and labor unions of their subcontractors, of all tiers. Further, while the new law authorizes general contractors to demand payroll records from their subcontractors (and to withhold payment if the subcontractors fail to comply with the requests), there is no safe-harbor for general contractors if the subcontractor refuses to provide the payroll records or if the payroll records provided are inaccurate. read more.
July 2015 by Eric McAllister
July, 2015 - Article by Partner Eric McAllister featured in the July issue of Construction Executive. read more.
Construction Partner Eric McAllister Provides Guidance for General Counsel on Insuring Construction Projects
May 2015 by Eric McAllister
Read Eric’s article, published on InsideCounsel, here. read more.
Peter and Eric contributed their expertise on the due diligence process potential apartment buyers should undertake before making a purchase. read more.
Partners Peter Dessau and Eric McAllister Write for Multifamily Executive on Due Diligence in Apartment Acquisitions
Peter and Eric’s article on the due diligence process potential apartment buyers should undertake before making a purchase was published in the January 2015 issue of Multifamily Executive, read more.
December 2014 by Eric McAllister
Read Eric’s article from the Winter 2014 issue of Development magazine here. read more.
- 2018 American Arbitration Association Construction Conference
- New CA Law Imposes Direct Liability on Contractors For Wage Claims By Subcontractor's Employees
- Labor and Employment Bills AB 168, 450, and 1008: What Employers Need to Know
- Miller Morton a Proud Sponsor of the Housing Industry Foundation's 2017 Fundraising Campaign "Kicking Out Homelessness Kickball Tournament"
- Miller Morton Elects Rosanna Moreno and Jeffrey Lisenbee to Partnership
- Why California Teachers Will Celebrate Senate Bill 1413
- Update to California's Prevailing Wage Laws: AB219 Fixes the Loophole for Ready-Mixed Concrete Drivers
- Miller Morton Associate Rosanna Moreno Receives Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services
- California Pay History Bill Would Hike Wage Discrimination Risk
- Trial Pros: Miller Morton's David Kornbluh